So yea a little bit delayed with this one, but i have my reasons, first of all it’s been an interesting year, with a lot of ups and downs, while i didn’t accomplish much of what i wanted to do i did get a few things done anyway.
- i got my toolkit out the door and up to github (check the latest tutorial series for that), i also got a lot of coding done after that, in fact i have spent on average 1-2 hour coding it every day since the last ludum dare.
- I recently switched to visual studio 12 (which at the moment is the most recent one), i can only say good things about it, it even has a great git interface.
- I also switched to c++11, i even got a new c++ book “The c++ programing language” by Bjarne Strousturp and as a consequence i have been rewriting a lot of code to make it as modern as i can, and honestly my code has gotten a lot less buggier, i haven’t had a single buffer overrun in two months since i switched to using vectors for a lot of stuff.
- I wrote two games for Ludum Dare “the escape” and “grid war” and i hope to continue doing that. Read more »
So yea i am doing one more of these again and it’s starting in about two hours from now, i am going to update this page as i go as well as tweet it, but first things first.
1. last time didn’t go that well, i came almost last out of several hundreds of entries, so i somewhat limiting my scope this time, it’s going to be entirely 2D for starters and not use physics anymore complicated than what was used in super mario.
2. I am using this toolkit, it’s a somewhat updated version of the previous one and adds a few things i need for this game, like the ability to load a texture into cpu memory instead of gpu, and generating a x by y grid of sprites.
I am pretty sure there are going to be more things added as i go.
Read more »
So im going to take part in LD48 #24 which will be interesting, but in order for me to do so i need to quickly release the toolkit i am going to use and that i hinted at in my last post.
so without further procrastination here is a preview.
Now as this is only a preview i haven’t added a license yet so assume a basic gpl type license, basically use the code in whatever project you like and give credits where credits are due, and for now don’t redistribute, only link back here.
(graphics and models are not included in the licence and are only there for now to show how it’s done)
And while coding is done (unless some major problems show up) i still need to write proper comments and documentation, but i won’t have time to do that until next week.
Anyway back to LD48 when the compo starts 1.00 Am on Saturday i will have only 48 hours to make a game based on a theme to be revealed then, i will be keeping everybody updated here, on twitter and on ludumdare.com/compo/